Santosh Kumar is a field researcher and a social worker. He has been involved for more than twenty years in the world of NGOs in south India but also abroad. In south India, he has followed the evolution of the NGO sector, from their emergence till their professionalisation and their internationalisation. Concerned by the gap between research and action, he gradually shifted from social work to applied research, in partnership with the French Institute of Pondichery with whom he has been working for almost ten years while still being involved in the voluntary sector as social worker.
The Observatory of Rural Dynamics and Inequalities in South India (ODRIIS) analyses over the past 15 years how structural changes in contemporary South India are reshaping the organisation of work, social hierarchies and household livelihoods using first-hand and original data (quantitative and qualitative) collection tools.
- Centre d’Etudes en Sciences Sociales sur les Mondes Africains, Américains et Asiatiques (CESSMA)
- Développement, Institutions, Mondialisation (DIAL)
- French Institute of Pondicherry (IFP)
- French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
- Network, Employment, dEbt, Mobility, and Skills in South India Survey (NEEMSIS)
action-research announcement auf big-5 caste communication covid-19 covindia data debt demonetisation digital finance documentary econometrics employment feminism food gender inequalities labour market livelihood migrant tracking neemsis neemsis-1 neemsis-2 ongoing personality traits political work project psychometrics publication resource restitution rume seminar shg social network survey team website work